Þorfinna's Place
~ My SCA Related Ramblings

Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Wire Weaving - First Attempts


Second attempt at wire weaving, first full necklace size. The gauge of this wire is a bit too thick for my taste though. I will get some smaller gauge and try again, hopefully with fewer screw ups next time wink emoticonThis wire work hardened too quickly and I ended up snapping a loop, and had to try to fix it, and inadvertently reduced my weave from four strands to three, so the whole thing's a bit wonky smile emoticon
My end loop needs work too 



Second attempt at a necklace length. I've definitely improved from the last time. Lighter gauge wire this time, 26 I think, and the brassy colour is 28. It certainly takes a lot longer to weave a necklace length with the smaller wire! I did a couple different coloured sections, just for fun. It's a-symmetrical as norse art often was.


Here's the second necklace after being pulled through the draw plate. I could probably get it through a smaller hole yet, but I didn't have a smaller one drilled in my draw plate wink emoticon 
I'm happy with it as it is. It's remarkable how even it comes out after drawing it through the draw plate. I have a few pieces of wire sticking out from the middle from my joining areas that I will have to clip down so they don't poke me, but overall, very happy with this one!


Quick and dirty draw plate made of pine. I need to add at least one more smaller hole, but it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment