Þorfinna's Place
~ My SCA Related Ramblings

Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2014

QPT - first carving attempts

Started carving the panel. 

Did an outline of everything first. 

Then started clearing large areas. 


Next started enhancing lines and layer effects. This has turned out to be quite tricky and I ended up removing too much in some areas and should have been paying closer attention to how the picture looked instead of kind of carving it how I assumed it was, then realizing after that I wasn't quite right. 


Went back and began deepening everything and shaping thugs closer to the picture. 

This was about an hour's worth of carving. Stopping for now 'cause I'm heading over to a friends to talk illumination, and because the bones in my hand are vibrating from all the dremelling. 


No comments:

Post a Comment